- The Luxury Collection φτάνει στην Αρμενία
- Ξενοδοχεία & Millenials: Τι ζητούν και πώς να το προσφέρεις;
- Hyatt Place Hampton Convention Center γιορτάζει τα επίσημα εγκαίνια
- Under... the sea: Το πρώτο υποβρύχιο εστιατόριο της Ευρώπης κάνει θραύση!
- Οι κυρίαρχες Τάσεις στο Design μίας Πισίνας Ξενοδοχείου
Marriott International announced today that it plans to open an additional five Moxy Hotels in key European cities in 2016, including Munich, Eschborn and Berlin in Germany, Oslo in Norway and Aberdeen in the UK. The five properties will strengthen Moxy Hotels’ ongoing expansion plans since its successful debut of Moxy Milan, Italy in September 2014.
In addition to the five European openings, there will be two new openings in the United States in Tempe, Arizona in March 2016 and New Orleans, Louisiana in April 2016. The brand expects to offer a portfolio of nearly 150 hotels around the world within the next ten years.
Amy McPherson, president and managing director of Marriott International, Europe, said: “This is an exciting and pivotal moment for the Moxy brand as we move into the second phase of development with five new hotel openings this year and nine more expected in 2017. In 2014, Moxy Milan hit the market with a bang, as the first budget-savvy hotel brand to shake up the industry with a fun, stylish, and unexpected hospitality experience. We are so pleased to be able to offer this game-changing experience to more travellers in more major cities. This is just the beginning of a sensational journey for Moxy in Europe.”
In partnership with Vastint Hospitality as the owner and developer and franchise partner, Nordic Hospitality, the following Moxy hotels are expected to open by year-end 2016:
- Moxy Munich Airport, Germany – 252 rooms – located five minutes from the main terminal – March 2016
- Moxy Eschborn, Germany – 176 rooms – located 10 minutes from downtown Frankfurt and 15 minutes from Frankfurt Airport – July 2016
- Moxy Berlin Ostbahnhof, Germany – 210 rooms – located in Berlin city centre five minutes walk from Ostbahnhof train station – October 2016
- Moxy Oslo Exporama, Norway – 276 rooms – located at the Exporama exhibition and conference centre – November 2016
- Moxy Aberdeen Airport, UK – 200 rooms – located seven minutes from the main terminal – December 2016
Today’s Millennial traveller appreciates the idea of hospitality over service: they want to be welcomed, and to help themselves. Knowing that this audience views self-service as the best service, Moxy has created a new way of travelling, which is smaller in concentration, not a reduction. Thoughtful touches permeate the Moxy experience, providing Next Gen guests with everything they want and nothing they don’t. Moxy’s inviting lobbies are crafted to be highly social spaces with a high-energy lounge, 24/7 self-service grab and go, ample plug-ins for personal devices, free and furiously-fast Wi-Fi, and the Moxy Digital Guestbook for streaming videos and pictures via Instagram. Each hotel is also equipped with a library and plug-in zones that invite a quiet read or a brief web browse. Guestrooms will offer keyless entry, screen casting and motion-sensor lighting. The design aesthetic will embody the ethos of the brand and the personality of the local areas. The brand’s photo booth elevators encourage and enable guests to snap fun selfies with locally-inspired props.
As part of Marriott International’s Luxury + Lifestyle portfolio of brands, which includes Ritz-Carlton, EDITION, BVLGARI, JW Marriott, Autograph Collection, Renaissance Hotels, AC Hotels by Marriott and Moxy Hotels – totalling 550 properties worldwide – Moxy boldly reinvents the select service hotel experience to fully embrace today’s Millennial traveller. Moxy is spirited – always buzzing with high energy, interesting people and an energetic crew. Its stylish contemporary design and vibrant lobby spaces aims to surprise budget-conscious travelers with a thoughtful, spirited and fun guest experience.